A plan isn’t about you. It’s a gift to the people you leave behind. Estate planning isn’t just for the rich. Without instructions on how you want to distribute your assets, you may leave a legacy of chaos.
An Empty Nester Plan
- Retool your existing plan now that your children are grown-up
Consider an Empty Nester Plan if:
- If you already have estate planning documents in place, K. Reilly Law will review your existing documents to ensure they are up to date and reflect your wishes. Chances are kids in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s+ don’t need a guardian anymore. One or more of your adult children can now step into roles as Power of Attorney, Health Care Agent, etc.
- You now find your grown children are on their own, but you still want to protect them while ensuring your future and theirs is taken care of.
- Massachusetts estate planning laws differ in some ways from other states and have nuances that require the expertise of an estate planning lawyer.
- You value privacy and seek to reduce estate administration costs for loved ones.